Whats with biking anyway?
My exact thoughts before – Biking is an awesome time to stretch yourself and be better enhanced in your body and mind. Its one of the best few exercises that stretches you and takes you the distance,
My Viking bike recently acquired has been a great asset and am grateful to the Lord for its provision (I got it for free – isn’t that interesting) . Its allowed me to reduce the time i spend in small commuting and moving around to handle some simple chores while at the same time i can exercise and build my mind and body.
Below are some of the benefits of cycling
- increased cardiovascular fitness.
- increased muscle strength and flexibility.
- improved joint mobility.
- decreased stress levels.
- improved posture and coordination.
- strengthened bones.
- decreased body fat levels.
- prevention or management of disease.
I also learnt cycling a few hours every week gives the benefits below. It only takes two to four hours a week to achieve a general improvement to your health. Cycling is:
- Low impact – it causes less strain and injuries than most other forms of exercise.
- A good muscle workout – cycling uses all of the major muscle groups as you pedal.
- Easy – unlike some other sports, cycling does not require high levels of physical skill. Most people know how to ride a bike and, once you learn, you don’t forget.
- Good for strength and stamina – cycling increases stamina, strength and aerobic fitness.
- As intense as you want – cycling can be done at very low intensity to begin with, if recovering from injury or illness, but can be built up to a demanding physical workout.
- A fun way to get fit – the adventure and buzz you get from coasting down hills and being outdoors means you are more likely to continue to cycle regularly, compared to other physical activities that keep you indoors or require special times or places.
- Time-efficient – as a mode of transport, cycling replaces sedentary (sitting) time spent driving motor vehicles or using trams, trains or buses with healthy exercise.
So take up cycling with me. Right now i have a little uphill road am trying to overcome in my cycling roadmap. Last time i had to get off and push the bike up but hey we keep going.
I am going to overcome that hill. Lol